Long live free and united Balochistan

Long live free and united Balochistan

Search This Blog

Translate

Can We Wear Balochi Clothes Outside?


Since I don't live in a Balochi community, I have never DARED to wear my balochi clothes outside the home.

Sometimes I see brave pakis wear their Shalwar Kameez going to school, and I actually admire them for wearing their own clothes in a society where everybody has to wear the latest fashion.

So...I promised myself, that I have to design a Balochi dress, that I can wear outside, and actually look GOOD at the same time. And,I did. This is the result, with 3/4 arms, kind of like a tunic. It is perfect for the summer! (since I only wear hijabish clothes outside)

The color of the fabric matches the dotch/embroidment, and it has a lot of mirrors. Actually my sis embroided this dotch, she designed the dotch and she also SEW it! This dotch/embroidment is called "Zarafshan".

I've worn this dress several times in downtown,and received positive reactions, people LOVED it...wow...I was walking and at the same time spreading our culture.

Tell me Your opinion, can we balochis design more clothes that are showing our balochi culture, and at the same time appreciated by western?

No comments:

Post a Comment