Balochistan To Send Reminder To Centre
Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti, former chief minister and governor of Balochistan was killed in an alleged military operation in Dera Bugti on August 26, 2006.
The decision of writing a letter was taken during a high level meeting presided over by Balochistan Chief Secretary Ahmed Bakhsh Lehri here on Saturday. Home Secretary Zafar Baloch, Balochistan Advocate General Amanullah Kanrani and other high ranking officials also attended the meeting. Official sources said the decision was made because one and half year had been lapsed since the announcement by the federal government to form a commission to probe the killing of Nawab Bugti, but it was yet to be constituted.
It was decided in the meeting that provincial home and tribal affairs ministry within next two days would write a letter to federal govt in which the latter would be reminded about its announcement made on Nov 24, 2009 during a joint session of Parliament. It said PPP Senator Raza Rabani while announcing Aghaz-e-Haqooq Balochistan Package had said that for a political solution of a judicial commission would be set up to investigate killing of Baloch leader.