ISLAMABAD: Chief Minister of Balochistan, Nawab Mohammad Aslam Raisani, has categorically declared that the Frontier Corps (FC), a Federal force, is not under the control of provincial Chief Minister.
He said this while talking to the newsmen outside the Parliament House on Monday in Islamabad.
“I am hopeful that soon the Federal Government will give the command and control of FC to the Balochistan Government,” Raisani said adding “ The issues confronted by Balochistan has to be addressed using peaceful and political means instead of using force.”
Giving the example of the United States, Raisani said USA also used brute force in Iraq and Afghanistan but failed and no change had been witnessed so far in both countries thus using force will not help out to normalize the situation.
Nawab Raisani believed that FC is exceeding its legal limits and its framework violating the law. The Provincial Government also recorded its protest about the statement given by Interior Minister about the transferring the police powers to FC and targeted action in Balochistan. Then the Provincial Government had disowned the statement of Interior Minister. The government had demanded to bring the Civil Armed Forces (CAF) under the control of provincial government as it is under the spirit of provincial autonomy particularly law and order being a Provincial matter.
“I do not comment on statement of Interior Minister and hopeful that Federal Government would soon concede the demand of Provincial Government,” he maintained.
Referring to the devastation by flood, he said he had received categorical assurances from the Federal Government helping the flood affected people of Balochistan in a substantial way. The Federal Government is committed to help Balochistan in rehabilitating the flood affected people in their own home towns and villages.
http://thebalochhal.com/2010/09/fc-not-under-government-control-raisani/

No comments:
Post a Comment