Slain Baloch leader’s son, Jamil Bugti demands probe of Dera Bugti mass grave
Quetta, May 14 (ANI): A son of slain Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Bugti, has demanded an impartial probe into the recent discovery of a mass grave in Dera Bugti.
“Human rights groups should be allowed access to the restive Dera Bugti area to probe the recently discovered mass grave,” The Express Tribune quoted Nawabzada Jamil Bugti, as saying.
Jamil Bugti claimed that a pit, containing bullet-riddled remains of a number of people who were buried unceremoniously, has been unearthed and held the security responsible for the murders.
“The federal and provincial governments are shielding the murderers of Nawab Akbar Bugti. The establishment does not acknowledge the supremacy of the judiciary. Where can we expect justice?” he asked.
Referring to the recent arrest of three Bugti tribesmen in the Lyari operation, Jamil Bugti said those men were whisked away by the Frontier Corps in January and were missing since then.
“The forces handed over these men to Karachi police who declared them terrorists and members of Baloch Liberation Army (BLA),” he said.
Denouncing the Lyari operation, he said that the Baloch people were victims of aggression and violence since 1947. (ANI)